Were you told JUUL was safer than cigarettes?
Are you addicted to vaping JUUL?
Have you experienced trouble breathing or other lung problems?
Have you had serious health problems such as seizures or strokes?
This is NOT your fault. You were unfairly targeted by JUUL. We’re here to help. No upfront costs. We don’t charge fees unless we win your case.
Call 844-266-9468 to speak to a JUUL lawyer.Contact Us
JUUL History & Vaping
To understand why our JUUL Lawyers are filing lawsuits against JUUL, maker of e-cigarettes, we want to give you a quick history of the product. JUUL is a brand of e-cigarettes that was introduced in 2015. Today, JUUL owns 75% of the e-cigarette or vaping market. In 2018, Altria, the parent company of PhillipMorris and manufacturer of Marlboro cigarettes, invested $12.8 billion in JUUL, offering retail placement next to its traditional cigarettes. JUUL employees received significant bonuses with the deal.
When it launched, JUUL paid social media influencers to market its e-cigarette product on Instagram and Facebook. JUUL social media accounts were active until November 2018. JUUL vaping devices and vaping pods are designed to look like USB drives and charge via a USB drive. Because of this design, parents and educators don’t realize a teenager is juuling or vaping. It’s easily disguised because of the shape and lack of smoke vapors. Plus, JUUL marketed sweet flavors like fruit and candy. 43% of teens who tried JUUL said they did so because of its flavors.
JUUL pods contain high-levels of nicotine. However, until 2018, JUUL didn’t have the nicotine warning labels on its packaging. Only after the FDA made it a requirement, was the warning label added.
JUUL delivers nicotine salts to the user. Nicotine salt is a combination of nicotine with Benzoic Acid. Nicotine salts allow the user to take in more nicotine without the harsh effects. It’s smoother and more palatable, meaning users can vape much higher level of nicotine content than they can using traditional cigarettes. Studies are finding that vaping with JUUL products is more addictive than smoking. The nicotine salt is delivered by an aerosol, not a vapor. The aerosol can contain tiny chemical particles that are highly dangerous.
Facts About JUULING, vaping and e-cigarettes
- E-cigarettes usage is HIGHER IN YOUTH THAN ADULTS
- All JUUL flavors contain nicotine
- One JUUL vaping pod contains more nicotine than an entire pack of cigarettes
- JUUL intake is through aerosol, not actually a vapor
- Aerosol contains tiny chemical particles
- Nicotine in JUUL damages adolescent brains and causes addiction
- Brains are still developing until about 25 years old. See Surgeon General report.
- 1 in 5 high school kids vape using JUUL or other e-cigarette products.
- From 2017 to 2018, e-cigarette use in high school kids increased by 78%.
- 1 in 20 middle school kids vape
- From 2017 to 2018, e-cigarette use increased by 48% in middle school kids.
- “The Surgeon General has concluded that e-cigarette use among youths and young adults is of public health concern; exposure to nicotine during adolescence can cause addiction and can harm the developing adolescent brain.” CDC Report
- Fruit-flavored JUUL pods are still available online
- JUUL invested tens of thousands of dollars to get in the doors of schools, claiming it was anti-nicotine program. Teachers were asked to leave the classroom for the presentations. JUUL showed their products, exposing the youth to e-cigarettes and claiming it was safe.
JUUL Health Problems
JUUL, vaping and e-cigarettes can cause the following problems:
- Lung problems including higher asthma attacks
- Respiratory problems
If you or a loved one who was previously not a smoker experienced any of these problems, please call our JUUL lawyers at 1-844-266-9468 for a free case evaluation. You could have a claim against the JUUL manufacturers.
JUUL & Vaping Lawsuit
Teenagers, adolescents and young adults were targeted consumers by JUUL, the largest maker of e-cigarettes. The vaping company marketed on specific social media channels with younger demographics. The JUUL pod flavors were sweet and candy-like, appealing to the youth, not older adults. Now our youth are addicted to vaping e-cigarettes and are experiencing severe health problems. If you are addicted to JUUL, please seek help to stop vaping. The Truth Initiative offers advice.
Our JUUL lawyers at Laminack, Pirtle & Martines are talking to individuals to determine if they have a lawsuit claim against JUUL. If you or a loved one started JUULing without previously smoking cigarettes and experienced health problems including addiction, seizures, strokes and lung problems, please call our vaping attorneys today at 1-844-266-9468. Our JUUL attorneys do not charge any fees unless we win your case.
Laminack, Pirtle & Martines attorneys have won millions for their clients against major companies including pharmaceutical manufacturers, medical device manufacturers, energy companies and more. Their proven experience in and out of the courtroom ensures your case will be handled with the utmost integrity. All vaping and JUUL cases are handled individually and are not part of a class-action lawsuit.